11 TSG Recruitment 2020
For more info of our SQNs, check the SQUADRONS page
About the Group:
- 11 TSG is an organization for Squadrons that come together to fly Campaigns and Missions that are made by members, for members. These Campaigns are typically story driven and the sorties are preceded by planning sessions.
- We currently have about 10 active members, of a range of ages, that do our best to balance DCS with real life responsibilities.
- We require that all applicants to be at least combat capable in one full fidelity module, and have a basic knowledge of the DCS Mission Editor.
- 11 TSG is built upon equal contribution. All active members are expected to contribute in some way – mainly through mission making, but also in other ways that keep the Group and Squadrons active.
- Our ambition is to fly DCS in a realistic fashion, and almost exclusively PvE/COOP.
- Our main flight day is Saturdays 20:30z (19:30z during DST) – Secondary days are Mondays and Fridays (Used for Exercises and Planning Sessions – Same time-slot).
- For the moment our main focus is on modern, western, fixed wing aircraft. We also regularly fly events in other modules – for example helicopters and even WW2 aircraft.
- We fly a lot on the PG and Syria maps, and will fly on most new maps, as they are released.
- Further information about 11 TSG, and what we expect from members, can be found by reading our current ORDERS document.
The Recruitment Process:
- We will contact you after we receive your application.
- An introduction meeting will be set up which will:
- Explain the structure of the group and what is expected of you.
- A mentor will be appointed to you (usually the person doing your introduction).
- You will receive an invite to our Discord server.
- As a Recruit, you’re expected to at least be able to fly as a wingman during missions, and to a level where you’re not disrupting the experience of others.
- We do non-mandatory courses, for example ATC procedures and Carrier Ops procedures.
- Learning more about modules, systems and tactics is done at your own discretion and/or with your SQN.
- To achieve MEMBER-status, you will have to make and deploy a mission for one of our Saturday sorties.
- This mission doesn’t need to be complex.
- Your mentor is there to help you, so the mission will be up to spec.
Recruitment Officer 11TSG